Cemlatex 1KCemtech Fast Build Products
Cemlatex 1k is a polymer modified flexible cementi-tious water proofing membrane for wet areas like bathrooms, showers, swimming pools and other damp areas.
This highly cross-linked polymer coating possess a unique balance of tensile strength, elongation and hardness. This balance of physical properties contributes to its resistance to abrasion and tearing, and results in outstanding flexibility, wear and impact .
- For Indoor use
- Can be used for water proofing wet areas such as bathrooms, showers in both residential and commercial buildings
- Can be used on moisture sensitive absorbent surfaces like wooden chipboards, plasters, plaster slabs, gypsum fibre boards
- Can be used on absorbent mineral substrates like concrete, screed, render, aerated concrete, cementitious leveling compounds for walls.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent elongation and flexibility.
- Non toxic and suitable for potable water.
- Water Proof membrane that protects moisture sensitive substrates.
- Easy to apply with brush or roller.
- Excellent crack bridging and sealing qualities.
- Can be applied to freshly hardened concrete .
Surface must be clean and sound, free of dust, loose particles, grease, oil primers from previous membrane systems or bitumen. Bitumen or primers should be re-moved by shot blasting or mechanical means. Spalled concrete should be repaired by cuffing to sound concrete and patching with Quickset Cemtec Plaster.
Mixing & Application
Cemlatex 1 K supplied in 10 kg pail should stirred well using slow speed drill machine fitted with a paddle before applying. Apply Cemlatex 1 K using a roller, spray gun or a brush over the entire area of the sur-face. The first coat should allowed to cure for a period of 2 - 3 Hrs before the second coat is applied. Apply the second coat in perpendicular direction to the first coat. After the second coat the membrane should be allowed to cure for a period of 6 — 8 Hrs before any physical disturbance. For highly porous surfaces a minimum of 3 coat is recommended.
10 m2/ 10 Kg set at 1 mm thickness in two coats. The actual coverage might depend upon the porosity and texture of the substrate.
Cemlatex 1 K should be protected from high wind, direct sunshine and rain until! fully cured. The first coat must be cured for 2 — 3 Hrs and the second coat shold be cured for 6 —8 Hrs.